Sunday, May 7, 2017

National Audio Theater Festival

If I were younger and I could afford it, I'd be going to the National Audio Theater Festival the beginning of the second week of June.  It looks fun.  And I say that as someone who swore off of having anything to do with theater people almost a half a century ago.   For one thing, most of these guys are adults.   I could be a romantic lead!




I have to say, it looks a lot more productive than the Left Forum, held the week before.  I mean, how many times do we have to rehash the ancient grudges of the nearly extinct commies of the 1950s? Besides, I've never been to Missouri.


Update:  Here's a great resource available for free at the NATF website,  The Well-Tempered Audio Dramatist by Yuri Rasovsky.   It has a lot of good looking advice about a lot of things in it, much of it relevant to music recording though a lot of that information is already dated, some of it is still relevant.   As Richard Fish says in this self-interview - looks like the same shirt he had on in the video above - high quality recording equipment is cheaper than it's ever been.   My far from high end lap top with my old Shure microphone and some editing software sounds better than the best stuff I used to use at the electronic music studio I worked at in the 1960s.  And it's so much easier to use.



Update 2:   I had a really good Shure microphone I'm used to and there's an adapter available.  If I were buying a microphone today I might buy a different one but I really like mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment