Notice of Intent
A Note about Documentary Evidence and Primary Sources.
A Note About The Word "Darwinism"
How Much Do You Have To Quote Before You're Not "Quote Mining” With a note about Darwin "quote mining".
Charles Darwin and Eugenics: The Standard of Evidence Required to Make the Case
What Would It Take for Charles Darwin To Beat the Eugenics Charge
1. Galton (case closed )
2. Leonard Darwin Schallmeyer with a note about George Darwin (note: This post should be considered an outline due to the lack of Schallmeyer available in English translation. ) Revised on Sept. 2. 2012.
3. How Much Did Darwin Really Believe In Natural Selection: W. R. Greg, sometimes called the co-inventor of eugenics. Darwin's anti-Irish bigotry overcomes Natural Selection.
4 Another Note About George Darwins 1870s Eugenics Activity Francis Darwin calls it "eugenics"
5. Darwin's Response to Gaskel Was Not a Rejection of Negative Eugenics
6. Darwin and The Survival of the Fittest Darwin and Spencer and Wallace
7. Darwinism Against Economic Democracy: William Cobbett on Malthus
Darwin and Haeckel 1 Darwin endorses Haeckel
Darwin and Haeckel 2 Darwin Publicly Confirms His Endorsement of Haeckel as Science (will be lengthened)
Darwin and Haeckel 3 Darwin Doesn't Protest Attribution of Monism To Him
Darwin and Haeckel 4 Haeckel and Darwin Infanticide.
Darwin and Haeckel 5 Could Haeckel's Depravity Have Been Prevented If Darwin Had Objected ? with a long footnote on the future course of Darwinism in Germany and Leonard Darwin as the only one with standing to speak for his father in 1939.
EVOLUTION, evolution Ideology and the Continuation of Life
1. Part one The Enormous Scope of Evolution, Its Complexity, Science has only scratched the surface
2 Interlude Scherzando and Early Selections Biological Determinism, its Depravity and Hypocrisy
3 The People Biological Determinism Negates Democracy with a long footnote about the “aid which must be given” paragraph
Dissing an Idol and Feeling Better For It
It's a Dirty Political Brawl Adapt or Die
A Closing Comment Darwin Provided Himself Cover, His Position in Science Culture as Opposed to Today's Science
Update: I rewrote the Leonard Darwin - Schallmeyer - George Darwin post this morning, which was a lot more like an outline when first posted than was useful. I will probably keep working on these posts which were written very quickly, especially the second of the Darwin and Haeckel posts. I had intended to write a 2a because there is just so much material showing that Darwin and Haeckel were saying many of the same disturbing things as they were in contact and I will expand that theme in the future.
Since the purpose of these was to show what Charles Darwin could be fairly charged with as he was alive and writing I haven't gone nearly as far into what people who Darwin never heard of said about his inspiration of them. There is much more that could be said about that. It is a major intellectual scandal that so many people who present themselves as scholars blatantly lie about this. I think some of that is clearly ideological, Darwin is the mascot of scientism, materialism and atheism. A lot of it is done in ignorance of the record. Some of it is done out of cowardice, knowing that writing about Darwin's relationship to eugenics in the English speaking world and Germany will make you a pariah and attract attacks and distortions of what you said.