Sunday, October 7, 2018

Stupid Mail

Well, that tireless little monitor of little matters and misser of enormous ones, Simps, missed something that I didn't notice till this morning, that I reversed the nouns in Gore Vidal's most widely known dirty novel, "The City and the Pillar," demonstrating that I relied on imperfect memory of a book from long ago than that resort of the mid-brow post-literate post-erudition erudite, google.  I suppose I should check such things but, really, considering how often it's probably not read it didn't seem to be of importance to me.

No one else picked up on it, either.  Maybe they figure it's of no importance.

Also, someone sends me notice that apparently Duncan Black has come to the position, sort of, I was scolded for saying from the first times I commented at Baby Blue.

Was Always Going To Be Bad

Is it better to stop pretending the Court is some sort of sacred institution of sacredness? I think maybe!


You can't come to a definite answer to that question the day after Kavanaugh was installed?  What are you, stupid?

I went farther back when I posted as EPT,* that the U. S. Supreme Court isn't  sacred and it never should have been considered to be, it is and has been for almost all of its history an enemy of equality and democracy and the servant of the wealthy, enhancing their power to thwart democracy and the common good.  Today, looking at the very mixed results of the quite anomalous Warren Court, I'd say that much of what it did at its best has been counterproductive.  The Sullivan Decision wasn't the only one of those.   I am not a fan of the United States Supreme Court.  I remember being scolded by more than one regular for dissing the holy SCOTUS at Duncan's home of the naive and continually losing play-leftie consensus.  Someone nervously mentioned the bill boards the fascists put up calling for the impeachment of Earl Warren.  Well, what thinking person of any decency wouldn't go for a bit of impeachment from the Supreme Court, now?

The Supreme Court, the orthodox view of law and government that has come out of it, what is taught at U.S. law schools and reverently held up as what must not be questioned, is what will drive us into fascism.

I have wondered if perhaps that was what the great logician Kurt Godel identified as a practical guarantee of fascism when he analyzed the U.S. Constitution.   If that wasn't it, there's something else dangerous there which hasn't been identified because the Court has certainly been that. Especially if you include slavery, Jim Crow and other Supreme Court installed and protected inequalities as our indigenous forms of fascism.

* E P Thompson's Making of the English Working Class was sitting on my desk when I had to put in a username for Haloscan, I didn't even think of pregnancy tests associated with urine at the time.

4 comments:

  1. "that tireless little monitor of little matters and misser of enormous ones, Simps, missed something that I didn't notice till this morning, that I reversed the nouns in Gore Vidal's most widely known dirty novel, "The City and the Pillar,"

    Mea culpa, Sparkles. But the day you scrambled Vidal, I was too busy making fun of you for getting the title of Jimmy Cliff's THE HARDER THEY COME wrong, thus proving you know less than dick about reggae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proving that I didn't google the name of the movie which I saw about two or three years after its release. It's a mess of a movie plot, it might have been the high point of reggae but if they wantd me to keep listening they should have learned to play a few different rhythms. Reggae is one of the most boring popular musics that didn't come out of commercial pop music in the NYC area.

      Apparently in addition to not knowing how numbers work or how time works you unsurprisingly don't understand how the calendar or the days of the week work. One happened on Wednesday, the other on Friday. That's two days difference, Stupy. Two is the number right after one when you count them on your fingers.

      Eschaton's senile rump blog community, the remains of the gray.

      Delete
  2. "Reggae is one of the most boring popular musics that didn't come out of commercial pop music in the NYC area."

    Right. Bob Marley or Toots and the Maytals -- totally boring.

    Jeebus H. Christ, you're a know nothing philistine asshole. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ska is a lot less tedious.

      You want me to listen to your music, learn more than a half dozen rhythms. Wouldn't hurt if you modulated a few times, too.

      Delete