Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hate Mail - But We Can't Be Bored

I have no interest in getting drawn into a discussion of the boring, nihilism of VU.  That an allegedly lefty blog apparently was only reinforces what a waste of time it is.  You'd think the various dissipated lives and deaths of its members would make smart people realize that isn't unrelated to their music and their nihilism.  And those around its mentor, Andy Whorewol.  Nihilism is the opposite of liberalism, it's more like Kavanaugh's beery boy pack only with drugs instead of beer and pointless pop music instead of sports and no prospects or ambitions. Now they don't even have to go out of their computer chair, it's all Lord of the blog flies

When I was exposed to disco, it didn't take me but a few seconds to know I'd hate it because I'd heard VU.   You should learn from mistakes, not repeat them, certainly not drool on nostalgically about them in your senectitude.

Update:  Velvet Underground, pretentious tripe.

Update 2:  I said I had no interest.  No interest means none.  And I won't get drawn into a discussion of the boring nihilism of VU.

No comments:

Post a Comment