Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Along with him being a blight, 
Simps also is inerudite,
His reading, illiterate,
And lying, inveterate 
Makes dopey ignorable, quite. 

Update:  Since Simps loves the Brit invasion so much and since he loves to post garbled versions of what's said here at Duncan's... Well, listen at your own risk.



Update 2:  “Definition of rock journalism: People who can't write, doing interviews with people who can't think, in order to prepare articles for people who can't read.”  
Frank Zappa

Update 3:  Google?  How would I have found The Roulettes singing their immortal hit Tell Tale Tit by google?  I may have heard it on the radio, once, I doubt it was more than once and I remembered it.  I've got a good memory for music, unfortunately, even the worst music I've ever heard.   One of the reasons I will not listen to Simp's garage band he's always boasting about. 

4 comments:

  1. You never heard it on the radio. They got zero airplay in any major American market; in fact, I can find no evidence that their records even got released here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupy, I DON'T LIVE IN A FUCKING MAJOR AMERICAN MARKET. My guess is I heard it on the college station from the University of New Hampshire but I don't really remember where I heard it, I do remember it was crap based on the kiddie's nursery rhyme. I probably wouldn't have remembered the title, otherwise.

      You think I made a habit of listening to Brit pop shit?

      Delete
  2. You never heard it. They were totally unknown in this country until two members had success in a subsequent group. Their records as the Roulettes weren't released in this country until the CD era.

    By the way, Tell Tale Tit is a lot fun, and better than a lot of Brit Invasion singles that actually were hits here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've caught me, I found it by clairvoyance this morning when I found out you were misrepresenting what I'd said at Duncan's Geritol and Pablum Bar.

      A lot of fun? I've had more fun mucking out a goat pen on a hot, humid day in June.

      But, then, maybe it's fun for the stupid and attention deficient.

      Delete