Sunday, May 13, 2018

Stupid Mail - the expression of the disapproval of [Duncan's] Society itself

And many people say “I used to read Mad, but Mad has changed a lot.” Excuse me—you grew up! You have new interests. 
Sergio Aragonés: Longtime cartoonist at MAD Magazine

I'm being accused of some sin because I outgrew MAD Magazine many decades ago.  Apparently that's not something the rump of Eschatonians do.  

Or as Aldous Huxley put it in Chapter 6 of Brave New World:

I have the good name of the Centre to think of. My workers must be above suspicion, particularly those of the highest castes. Alphas are so conditioned that they do not have to be infantile in their emotional behaviour. But that is all the more reason for their making a special effort to conform. lt is their duty to be infantile, even against their inclination. And so, Mr. Marx, I give you fair warning." The Director's voice vibrated with an indignation that had now become wholly righteous and impersonal–was the expression of the disapproval of Society itself. "If ever I hear again of any lapse from a proper standard of infantile decorum, I shall ask for your transference to a Sub-Centre–preferably to Iceland. Good morning." And swivelling round in his chair, he picked up his pen and began to write.

Nothing new happens at Duncan's that's why the adults fled a long time ago. 

Update:  Really, can anyone who's familiar with the rump remnant of Duncan's once diverse and diverting comment community really say that anything said when Simps posted a small part of that comment at Eschaton was unpredictable?  If you just drew names out of a hat you'd probably have gotten at least 50% of them right.   

I really wish Simps would stay there and never mention my name or anything I wrote ever again.  Freki, too. 

2 comments:

  1. "I really wish Simps would stay there and never mention my name or anything I wrote ever again."

    It's really easy, schmucko. All you have to do is admit that your MOVE THE JEWS OF ISRAEL TO ARIZONA schtick is offensive. Then I'm out of your life forever. We'll both be happier.

    You won't be able to do it, of course, because you're a bigot who genuinely doesn't understand that you are a bigot.

    But if you want to fake it...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's your schtick, all I said is that I'd rather the United States had agreed to settle more Jews here and proposed at least three possible places they might put a Jewish homeland, if that was what it took to avoid the disaster that putting one in Palestine has proven to be.

      As you and your buddy, as I recall it was"R McGeddon didn't have any trouble proposing making one in Florida (just what they'd need, a tropical hell hole that's going to sink) and you proposing a "Gypsy homeland" in an abandoned mall in Jersey. Here's the exchange with links to where you and your buddies said it.

      https://zthoughtcriminal.blogspot.com/2012/06/when-charge-of-antisemitism-is-tactical.html

      I've never said that Jews should have been forced to move anywhere.

      You are a liar, a liar who has had his lie refuted over and over again but a liar who still repeats the lie because all you do is lie and Duncan Black knowingly allows you to repeat your lie on his blog. As far as I'm concerned, I'll keep pointing out both of those things as long as this continues.

      Delete