Sunday, August 27, 2017

Busy Day To Begin A Busy Week

If you do a search of my blog with the search term "Martin Luther" you will find many, many posts which refer to Martin Luther King jr, you will find, by my count, two mentions of the German ex-Augustinian founder of Lutheranism, one a quote from a piece which noted Luther said that some Christians were worse at being Christians than atheists, in reference to the "Christianity" of Donald Trump, the other is something I wrote as recently as August 7, 2016

Shit for brains, alleged scientist, "Skeptic Tank," has accused me of following Martin Luther?   I don't think I've ever, once, said anything good about Martin Luther who I think got some of the most basic aspects of The Gospel entirely wrong, he even wanted to cut one of my favorite books out of The Bible, The Letter of James. I assume the issue was St. James saying that faith without works was useless.  And that's, of course, not counting his anti-Jewish rants, his siding with the princes against the peasants, etc.  But, few of the rump of regulars still frequenting Eschaton have ever let accuracy get in the way of a convenient lie.  They really do have a lot more in common with the Trumpian lunatics than they'd ever want pointed out.

Needless to say, well, it would be needless for someone more informed than Simps and his buddies, that for an Irish Catholic looking for authority on Christianity, Martin Luther is not high on my list of those to reach for.  I think his Justification by faith and his demotion of works is a total distortion of not only the Gospel but, also, the Law and the Prophets.  And, note, I noted his anti-Jewish rants and his siding with princes against peasants.  To have one of "Skeptic Tanks" best buddies throwing Martin Luther in my face last night was especially funny because if you look at that post, it is called Simps Lies And Chumps Buy It And Water Is Wet and it carried the clueless and musically incompetent comment by Simels

BTW, Little Milton played harp -- Clapton is a guitarist. For your lame criticism to make sense, you'd have to say "I'd rather listen to T-Bone Walker or Otis Rush."

For anyone who doesn't know, Little Milton played guitar and I pointed Simps to a song he wrote about his history in music beginning with him picking up a guitar.   As can be seen by a word search of this blog using "Simels" or "Simps" or "Stupy" he never learns.

I have a huge pile of work to do before the school year begins tomorrow (meetings, not classes) until then you can read this history of the long, fraught and varied issue of Luther, Lutheranism and Lutherans with anti-Semitism by Christopher Ocker.   I will warn you that it is long and complex (Simps and his buddies can't read that much so they won't read it)  with many different points of view, starting with Luther's history of trying to convert Jews to Lutheranism to his angry, dissapointed rants when they didn't, in large numbers and the various responses of Lutherans through history dealing with his infamous anti-Semitic rants.   You should, of course, note that for Luther, Jewishness was defined by religious denomination and not by biological inheritance and, so, even his worst tendencies were distinctly different from scientific racists of the kind who gave Nazism its racial-biological and so genocidal eugenics.  Note that such stuff began in a would-be scientific linguistics, not in theology.   If you don't think there is a difference between someone wanting to persuade you to join them and someone wanting to kill you and everyone related to you, you really are incredibly stupid and dishonest.

14 comments:

  1. Jeeebus H. Christ on a piece of challah toast -- are you still gassing about my misreading your citation of Little Milton as Little Walter?

    Here's a clue, Sparkles -- Little Walter was a radical innovator who influenced practically every other blues harp player since. Little Milton is a B-list journeyman. It's never too late for you to learn the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've long suspected you had a reading disorder, I mean other than the one that turns everything you read into something you can process which will say what you wished it did instead of what it does. It's one of your more obvious habits.

      As I was the one who brought up Little Milton in a comparison to another guitarist, Eric Clapton, I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WAS DOING. You're the boob who thought Little Walter was who I mentioned.

      Just like you're the boob who thinks an Irish Catholic would consider Martin Luther someone I had to answer for. It would be like me thinking you should be answerable for the Podhoretzs, or it would be if you didn't actually share some really characteristic habits of mendacity with them.

      Delete
  2. So you don't know the esthetic difference between Walter and Milton. Got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing you get is confused. I'd say it happens at your age, but with someone like you it happens at your immaturity.

      Delete
  3. At my age? You're how old again, Sparky old geezer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old enough to have an excuse, lucid enough to not need one. Young enough to be able to hit back anything you throw at me twice as hard.

      Delete
  4. You left out "delusions of grandeur."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Simps, I didn't want to bring up your daily name dropping and things like pretending you've met people after they committed suicide. But if you insist.

      Delete
  5. You're not just a liar, but a gutless liar. As usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope some of your audience at E-ton are reading this, your claim that me talking about your endless name dropping is a lie. I don't think even the Eschatots don't roll their eyes at your constant bragging about the famous people you claim to be buddies with. And when it's not that it's your garage band's ancient oeuvre getting play on some bogus web-based ratings scheme. To call it "delusion" is to minimize the psychosis of it. Your delusion of grandeur is an effusion of manure.

      Delete
  6. Nobody reads your site except me, NTodd and your theologian BFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you're admitting you, Freki, Skeptic Tank, Thunder boy and the rest of the Eschatots who misrepresent what I write don't read it. You admit that what you say about that is a lie.

      Delete
  7. They read my accurate mockery of you at Eschaton. Which doesn't generate clicks for your pathetic vanity site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who believes anything you say without verification is too stupid to worry about. As you prove (for example in your Little Milton-Little Walter confusion, not to mention your inability to distinguish between the Supremes and Martha and the Vandellas in your alleged area of alleged expertise) you don't get much right.

      You're too lazy and superficial to understand what I write about. You're like a crass class clown in 7th grade who makes fun of the hard stuff in class in lieu of understanding it.

      Delete