Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Manufactured Controversy Over Wives Is An Old Repulbican Tactic

I don't remember which ridiculous style in womens shoes it was but it was from some time in the 1970s or early 80s that, to not put to fine a point on it, one of my lesbian friends called "fuck me shoes".  I'm sure the heels were ridiculous, whatever the fad was. 

Now, apparently, the media are trying to kick up a controversy over the ridiculous stiletto heels that Melania Trump wore to get on the plane to Texas the other day, I suspect for the same reasons that Lindsay Graham and Mrs. Alito staged a crying jag during her husband's disgusting performance in his confirmation hearing for the Supreme Court.   From what I've seen, it was raised by the media mostly so pro-Trump, official and New York Times style, can hiss disapproval over people who might snark about her stupid shoes.  There should be a name for that kind of thing because it's quite commonly done for Republicans in trouble.  

Melania Trump is someone who I go from thinking is more to be pitied than censured to thinking is probably a Put-viet mole under deep cover.   Her stupid choices in clothing, makeup, foot ware are hers.  I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the controversy were planned.  I wondered the same thing about the ridiculous clothes, such as the "diaper dress" that Nancy Reagan got flack from when she wore them on a state visit to France   I suspect her stilettos were more "fuck you shoes" than those my friend named back in the day.  Someone who spends that long on her makeup and costumes wouldn't have misunderstood the message that those carried.  

I think the best thing to do with Melania Trump is to pretend she isn't there.  That is unless there is some criminal activity that is uncovered.   

No comments:

Post a Comment