Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Three Plays from the 1988 Write For Radio Competition In Alberta

Rose Scollard - The Man Who Collected Women 


Brad Fraser and Jeffrey Hirschfield - King of Another Place 


Cecelia Frey - The Dinosaur Connection 


One of the things I like the most about listening to radio and audio drama is that there are a lot of plays by a lot of playwrights who I have never heard of before  and whose work I'll never see on stage or in a movie but who I can hear in an audio production.  Sometimes I like their work and look for printed work or other pieces of their work, sometimes I don't.  But at least it's not the same old, same old, even when it's old.  These pieces are winners from a 1988 competition.  I always figure if they were chosen among 30 or so other works it's worth listening to them at least once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment