Thursday, March 16, 2017

Dusan Bogdanovic - Six Balkan Miniatures for Guitar

I didn't know about Dusan Bodanovic's wonderful compositions until last year and I posted just about every one I could find.  I posted these Minatures from two different live performances,  Though the performer isn't listed, I believe this posting uses the playing of one of those but it also has the score which helps to follow the music better.   I got lost in a few places with the first and second endings and the intricate rhythms.  It's fun and fun is good.  Also surprising are  the small additions to the score, ornaments, here and there.  I don't know if Bogdanovic authorized those or not, it wouldn't surprise me if in some of his work, such as these based on folk dances from different areas of the former Yugoslavia did have that permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment