Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse Five

 

I wasn't going to post this because it was made two years after Vonnegut's death, unlike the radio version of The Third Man posted last week.  I don't know if the author might have approved of a script or even the idea for this one, I assumed that Graham Green, still alive when his script was done on radio had approved it.  I looked at the statistics for it and it seems to have been one of the most popular things I've posted as Saturday Night Radio Drama.

So I decided to post it because as a drama, it works really well.  And it reminds me of what I said about the play last week.  The guy who posted it on Youtube says:

September 2009 BBC Radio 4 broadcast a feature length radio drama based on the book which was dramatised by Dave Sheasby and which starred/read by (my favourite actor) Andrew Scott as Billy Pilgrim and was scored by the group 65daysofstatic

No comments:

Post a Comment