Monday, May 24, 2021

I Have Not Noticed My Absence Making Anyone's Heart Any Fonder

IT'S THE PUSH to get things planted in my very large garden, which is why things are slow here.   Feeling my age and my allergies, which makes me feel older.   I'm thinking of going through another lecture or something shorter than a whole book.  I try to even a short book and something comes up that throws it off track.  Maybe revisiting the introduction to Computer Power and Human Reason, which is a book that had a profound influence on me.   Rather funny how things turned out because one of the acknowledgements in it, as I recall, thanks the younger Daniel Dennett.   My conclusion is that Joseph Weizenbaum was so brilliant that not even Dennett could get him seriously off the right track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment