Sunday, April 18, 2021

Got To Rejig the Filters - Hate Mail's Getting Through Too Much

NOPE, I'm not giving into the temptation to send him into another towering rage by slamming Hal David's lyrics again.  Though I was annoyed by an ear worm of This Guy's In Love With You this morning, it's actually not one of his and Burt's worst songs,  at least not when it's Herb Alpert singing it,  Andy Williams, yech!  I mean This Guy is a bit ego-fixated considering he's singing a love song but it's got only one really offensive phrase in it. Men in the post-war period were encouraged to be self-obsessed by pop culture.

I actually kind of like Herb Alpert's singing on the song and, though not a great and innovative improviser, his trumpet playing was pretty good.  From what I read he seems like not a bad guy, either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment