Monday, April 19, 2021

Hate Mail - The Law Of Unintended Ironies In Play Lefty Internet Babble

YOU KNOW what's really funny about that tread at Duncan's isn't that that ass got upvoted for a dig at me is that the topic of that little part of it, on the claim that someone at work is being challenged to say if they are a Christian or not, is something I'm sure that I've never asked anyone.   I doubt anyone in my family or of my acquaintance has ever asked anyone that. It strikes me as a pretty un-Irish Catholic thing to do, especially those of us from New England, something totally uncharacteristic. I'm not sure I've ever even asked anyone if they're Catholic, something Catholics sometimes do but it's more likely to lead to a good-natured and humorous commiseration over the history and state of Catholicism than positive reinforcement. Catholics generally generate the best Catholic jokes that way.


What's even more hilarious about you sending it to me as if it's supposed to bother me is that right before that on that conversation is the hate being thrown at Arizona Senator Krysten Sinema by the religion haters of Eschaton BECAUSE SHE MAY BE THE MOST PROMINENT ATHEIST POLITICIAN IN THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, ONE WHO HAS GIVEN AN AWARD BY THE ANTI-CHRISTIAN, ANTI-CATHOLIC, ANTI-RELIGION OUTFIT CFI, what got left of CSICOP after its one and only and totally botched "scientific investigation" resulted in discrediting scandals and its stars like James Randi generated ruinous lawsuits when they lied and slandered. Explicitly stated, Sinema got the award for helping to keep religion out of public policy. I would like to hear a discussion of that between her and the late John Lewis's pastor, Senator Raphel Warnock on that kind of separation of religion and public policy. And there are a number of other heroes of the real left who might disagree with her and CFI and, no doubt the 'ligion-haters of Eschaton on that. 

 

If I had to choose between the influence of the often libertarian CFI types and the ex-Green Sinema (better an ex-Green than a still-Green but I don't trust anyone who was part of that fraud) and a whole host of people whose political careers are clearly, sometimes admittedly, based on their understanding of Catholic or other religious belief, on the far more radical Mosaic economics of egalitarian distribution over "English common law" notions of property, of the even more radical Gospel of Jesus, I'd have no trouble believing my rights as a radical egalitarian LGBTQ person are safer with the god-heads of that kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment