Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Stupid Mail - I'll Leave The Typos In Since They Obviously Annoy You

I'm certainly not going to be inhibited by someone making fun of auto-correct problems on this blog.  I think it was the great Carla Bley who said she'd compose a piece for someone on the spot, "mistakes and all".   I'd rather take the chance of saying something with typos and editing and spelling errors than to say nothing like he and his sponsor do.  Saying nothing might get your site more hits but it won't get anyone who reads what you don't write.   The somewhat less than great but still fun Lou Harrison said, "I'd rather chance a choice than choose a chance."  Only they don't even choose a chance, they choose slacking, saying nothing. 

Update:  And I sure as hell am not going to let what someone who is so clearly a non-musician snarks about music bother me.  I'd point out how stupid that crack was only I don't think they've got the knowledge to understand that. 

Update 2:  The "stream of consciousness" you accuse me of strikes me as preferable to the stagnant puddle you've chosen for your home base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment