Friday, August 27, 2021

"Simels says . . . "

Andrew Hill Said Not So 

There's the slant of light late in August into September that makes me think of Andrew Hill's harmonies and piano voicing.  Brilliant sunlight through darker and longer shadows.  Maybe that's why I have had his music going through my head this week.  Thank heavens it's that instead of some pop music ear worm. 

Update:  Yeah, the university that gave me my MA in music theory and composition were snowed by someone who "knows nothing about music."   

One thing I can tell you, I know how to count a measure of eighth notes in 2/2, 1e&a 2e&a - which Simple Simels demonstrated he doesn't know.  I also know what they said in Willy Wonka applies to him, "What do you get from a glut of TV, a pain in the neck and an IQ of three."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment