Tuesday, August 24, 2021

"Simels And Freki Are Saying . . . ."

Cannonball Adderly - Who Cares? 

 


Cannonball Adderley - alto saxophone

Bill Evans - piano

Percy Heath - acoustic bass

Connie Kay - drums

 

Update:  Since my collection of CDs and LPs are boxed up and inaccessible, I refreshed my memory of his discography online  and it would seem Cannonball Adderley was unusually uninterested in the Mop Heads' music as I can find none of them listed as composers on any of the LPs he released before his too early and tragic death.  Adderley was not much of a pops-elevator music type performer.  Whoever was behind the 101 Strings line would seem to have been more interested as it seems a number of such arrangements of Beatles songs were pressed on LPs as Cannonball seems not to have gotten around to doing much in that line.   

While doing other things yesterday I did listen to this interview with Pat Metheney who at one point said Gary Burton's early fusion experiments, his expansion of the practice of imporisational music,  by which I think he might also include A Genuine Tong Funeral, or at least his bands of that period, said of it, "that band was like the Beatles for me."  Metheney has, at least to my recollection, had some minimal presence of some Mop Heads songs in his vast body of recorded work.  But, then, I never claimed he didn't, though I will have when Simps lies and says I claimed that.  I'd have needed to have had two lives for the past twenty years to have said all the things Simps lies about me having said.  It's not as if I haven't had lots to say on my own during that time.  Maybe he doesn't understand what I did say so he does what Bertrand Russell says stupid people do and why they're unreliable on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment