Saturday, February 1, 2020

Light As Democracy Crumbles

There aren't a lot of Senators I really like but there are some I adore, Elizabeth Warren, Mazie Hirono, . . . . OK, those I adore grow sparse very fast.  

One of that Adored list who is reliably among the best of them is Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island whose CV would be one I'd expect to find in a Senator I would be more likely on the Abhorred list. Whitehouse overcame a privileged background to become a fine public servant.   He has seldom if ever disappointed me, he has often said things, succinctly and in clear language that clarified things I hadn't thought of.  Here is one of the too few media appearances he makes. 


Though, maybe it's a good thing that he doesn't really push his puss in front of the camera. That seems to be a common thing among those with little to say and a desire to say it to a camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment