Friday, January 31, 2020

Hate Mail

Look at the name of my blog.  I am a thought criminal, I think what it is forbidden to think, I say what it is forbidden to say.  

You know the irony is, I'm looking at what the past fifty-five years of Sullivan Decision era "free speech - free  press" has resulted in, even with as much of that "more speech" as has been spouted and the answer is Trumpian fascism.  The irony is, to the extent possible, I came to my conclusion that's what letting people lie in the media gets you by observing "nature" for what it shows, not what I'd wish it would show.  

I'm not, as you imply, happy about any of this.  I'd love it if letting lies be told with abandon for the worst of motives led us to effective equality and democracy based in people, mostly, if not universally doing unto others as we would have done unto us. 

Why I'd ever have been stupid enough to buy the incredibly irrational lie that freeing liars, racists, bigots, fascists, Stalinists, capitalists, etc. to lie with impunity and propagate their hatred would get us to the paradise of egalitarian democracy for so long just shows you how an attractive and totally insane lie can get sold.  Well, I'm sales resistant to that crap, now.  I'm just glad I'm not as stupid as most so-called liberals are, now.  But I'm not happy about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment