Friday, July 30, 2021

Announcements And Denouncements

 MY OLD PRACTICE of making resolutions on the first of any month - you make enough resolutions one's bound to stick sometime - may be revived on August first. You will only be able to tell by the absence of mentioning the person most obsessed with me in the world, Simps.  If he never appears in mention here, you'll know I've successfully resolved to get shut of him, useful as he's been as a model of what's wrong with the American left. 

But I've got just under two days to go as he rages again that if The Bible is not literally true and fully the "word of God" then it has the same status as a Marvel comic book.   Which is obviously not true.  I would not be skeptical that he might have made it through a Marvel Comic I'm sure he's never read a page of The Bible. 

I could just repeat my point about the fact that the Abolitionist movement, the Civil Rights movement, much of the successful attempt to reform life in many places and over time found their moral framing and articulation from The Bible.  Marvel Comics, I'd love someone to try to argue it's produced much of anything except dumb movies that are an evidence that movies prevent people who go through puberty from growing up.  That's the basis of contemporary atheism. 

Note:  There may be a disruption in my writing this month as I am moving in with a relative to take care of them.  Moving even with as little as I've got to move sucks. . . . up a lot of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment