Saturday, December 28, 2019

Ding Dong Sodano's Gone

I am busy today so I might not get around to writing much.  It's a shame because I would dearly love to write about a story I missed, the end of the reign of the cesspool of Vatican insider corruption, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, one of the most corrupt of living clergy, a thug of the kind who flourished under the papacy of Karol Wojtyla aka John Paul II and who corruptly amassed so much power and wealth that when it got too bad for Ratzinger aka Benedict XVI to stand, he couldn't control or get rid of Sodano.   That, if nothing else, should tell you that Popes are far less the absolute dictators that so many non-Catholics love to believe they are. 

I think Sodano figured that Pope Francis was going to be a push-over but was surprised that he wanted to clean the stinking filthy Curia.  Though it being the Vatican, even he couldn't do it fast.  I hope Francis has enough time to clean it out so that Sodano and other pits of corruption that characterized the JPII papacy won't recur in the future.   I hope that now that Sodano is gone the cleaning will go faster.  I hope he gets the chance to clean out the US Catholic Conference of Bishops, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment