Saturday, April 23, 2016

How Stupid Is Steve?

While copying and pasting this sentence below:

I've looked at a lot of old signatures written with the kinds of pens used at the time have have not seen any by an author which was as incompetently drawn and inconsistently spelled as his.

Stupid Stevie then makes a comparison between a quill pen and those electronic signing things in use today.  As if that's any kind of a comparison.   Not to mention someone who might type out a few sentences on his lame-brained pop-music blog comparing himself to someone who is supposed to have written, by hand, more than 900,000 of the greatest words, many of them invented by him, in the entire corpus of English language literature.  

No Simps, let me put it in terms you might, might, get if you think really really hard. 



Image result for sesame street one of these things

Update:  Stupie thinks that my using a One of  These Things Is Not Like The Other picture shows that I have an "unhealthy obcession" with kiddie shows.  On the contrary, having labored for years and years trying to communicate with Simps and the other Eschatots on an adult level, I'm reduced to speaking in terms they might understand.   Alas, it doesn't seem to work. 

More Answers To Stupie's Stultified Statements:   All I did was point out that George III, when he was blind and insane could sign his name better than any of the six Shakspere signatures show the merchant of Stratford could.   Helen Keller could sign hers better than the guy you believe is the most accomplished author in the English language and she didn't even learn to write until she'd been blind and deaf for years.   

Old whine in from old skin:  Stupie is whining that I won't post his comments.  Well, that's not going to change so why don't you go away and stay away and you won't make me happy by allowing me to tell everyone how vacuous you are.  

Schmucks Redux:  Yeah, yeah, I looked at Duncan's Dunces like you asked me to.  Never have so few done so little.   Thinking, that is.  Or reading.  Notice how much of what they're talking about is TV or movies.   I'll bet not one of them read Love's Labours Lost or Timon of Athens.   I'll bet none of the read the long poems, either, 

No comments:

Post a Comment