Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Total Degeneracy Of Normalcy

More on the decay of what survives of morality stemming from the Calvinist interpretation of The Law as could be found in the migration from New England into the fabled Mid-West and as it impinges on the Republican-fascist-media attack on  a sense of reality,  see this disgusting performance by Kim Reynolds the incumbent Governor of Iowa at about 2:30 and, as the reporter presses her slightly, in her hand off to a "public health" flack. 



Total degeneracy, total amorality among those smugly self-righteous and "good people" as pumped up by media and movie mythology.   I really hate media invented, media pushed regionalist mythology, it's all bullshit.  Degenerates are everywhere.   We've got as bad if not worse in New England, I say as I see yet another Sununu in New Hampshire and as I know Maine could vote in another LePage or Jock McKernan.  

Update:  NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT.  My rejection of regional stereotype wasn't born of disdain for the South or for the Mid-West, my rejection of regional virtue and vice was born in being a witness to the viciously racist, anti-integration riots in mid-1970s Boston, Massachusetts, aka "The Cradle of Liberty" which had the national reputation as being practically Vatican City for "liberals".  I have always known that the reputation of New England as a bastion of liberalism was nonsense, growing up in a rather reactionary, very Republican area of my state which, even today, many dopes believe is some liberal bastion.  And don't get me started on New York City and its rather putrid history of mayors and a number of members of its congressional delegations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment