Saturday, May 30, 2020

How Next To Upset Their World?

Let's see, in trying to entertain the Covid shut ins with something other than cooking or exercising to try to counteract the effects of the mountains of food so cooked  . . . 

I've suggested do-it-yourself audio theater using cheap recording and editing devices and programs.  Even doing two-handers over the phone where you don't even have to risk infection. Probably most controversially,  advocating practicing it to see if you really want to make an effort before you spend any money on equipment.  

Then it was amusingly as it was surprisingly aggravating international communication on dirt cheap micro-powered transceivers in Morse code,  I'm entirely in favor of doing the most with the least, especially if it's home made and you learn something while trying it.  

Then it would have to be when I pissed off the champions of the officially sacrosanct by pointing out that Mark Twain wrote a lot of crap (something I will bet you he would be the first to admit if he were here today, he'd make a comic piece for sale from it).   

What should I try next?  Something novel, not something done to death.  I think that's what pissed off those who got their pinafores in a twist over Morse code, it was something slightly out of their very limited ordinary.  They are the champions of the typical and the ordinary.  That's what they like about TV and the movies, easily consumed junk unchallenging to the accustomed and well practiced avenues of presented, approved experience.   I'm bored with that. 

I am coming along with the Morse, by the way.  Maybe when I can't afford to be online anymore that'll be the only way you can get my content.   At least I can promise there will be content, content that will upset the contented cows of the conventional.  Though cows are more curious than they are.  Better natured, too. 

I am relegating any discussion of the champions of convention to my other blog, where comments are, for now, unmoderated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment