Friday, May 29, 2020

Going Back To Plan B

I suppose it could be taken as a compliment that the "professional writer" with college credentials so regularly mistakes the passages I so obviously quote from far better writers as being things I've said.  Though it's not my purpose to represent other peoples' work for my own, that's his shtick.  

But he's always had a problem of not knowing how quotes work, even when, as I said,  I ALWAYS give citations, always set off quotes as quotes in standard ways EVEN ENHANCING THEM AS ECHIDNE SUGGESTED TO ME ONCE and even as I typically give links to the original source of what I quote when those are available. 

It's not as if I don't do everything possible, from giving author and source citations to setting quotes off in bold italic or in quotation marks for short quote.  I guess the methods for indicating that learned in my primitive, resource starved rural grammar school weren't taught in more affluent, urban schools in his area. 

Yeah, I think I will post this at one of those blogs and maybe post his comments there, too.  It'll help contain it.    Crush Seth Macfarlane's Nuts is the one I set up when that minor Bobby Darrin imitator was such a puerile pig as he hosted the Oscars and his online boy-posse reacted badly to the condemnation of him and those who backed him up.   I wrote about it here at the time, a bit, though the piece I posted there was far more vulgar than the ones I post here (it was called "We Saw Your Assholes") and it got taken down during a period of remorse for having too much fun making fun of him and his ilk there.  I wonder if I'd do that now. 

For how bad it was for those who don't remember, Macfarlane made a sexist, racist pedophile content joke about a 9-year-old actress and it was picked up on at another source of puerile assholishness, The Onion before someone there realized they'd gone past even their bottom scraping standards and took it down.   And one of the funnest things about it was that even with that name,  the idiot thought it was about him instead of Macfarlane being an asshole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment