Tuesday, May 19, 2020

If You're Going To Give Me Material I Am Going To Use It

I am still being trolled when I make comments under my own name, I will be making them under a different name soon.  Until then . . . 

You have to be abjectly ignorant of biology to equate the possibility of intelligence among insects with the possibility of that among viruses which, arguably, aren't even alive.   Lynn Margulis said they weren't and she was in a better position than I am to make that claim.  Insects certainly demonstrate intelligence, some of them are smarter than some people seem to be.  They're better at staying out of trouble than a lot of affluent Americans.  Tell me your average insect isn't smarter than Donald Trump jr or Sebastian Gorka. 

But I've been pointing out that the levels of such ignorance in the college-credentialed population are about the same as the population without such credentials.  It's pretty shocking how little the science boom in the United States in the wake of the shock Sputnik was to the military-industrial-corporate establishment has really taken.   Even among people who are credentialed in STEM subjects, outside of their specialty, they're probably even more ignorant and insusceptible to fact-checking than those who had a good basic foundation in the Humanities might have gotten.  

Update:  I could have mentioned Boris Johnson or Piers Morgan,  I am pretty sure that most of the beetles in the field here are smarter than either of them. 

Update 2:  Lying about what was said isn't a sign of intelligence, when it's done that way all it proves is my point about conceited people being lazy and stupid.  In other words your typical play-lefty blog rats.  Believing lies makes you stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment