Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Ear Worm - No, It's Not The Awful I'm Dreaming Crap

If I could travel back in time, to a time before he started making records and I could get my hands around the throat of Bing Crosby he would have never recorded what's been tormenting me for the past several days.

There might be Christmas music as crappy, but there is certainly nothing worse than some of the crap that came out of Tin Pan Alley.  Not even Elvis singing Santa Lucia has stopped it, yet.   I hate it.  

Luckily, it's not my all time most hated of all Christmas songs, Have Yourself A . . . .  I hate that song!  

Update:  By "real jazz artists" I'm guessing he means Michael Bublé.  I looked at it, the changes aren't anything very special, though they must be fairly easy to tootle on. 

Update 2:  I can imagine him really going for Steve and Eydie's Christmas in Las Vegas, he's got Class, with a capital K.  

No comments:

Post a Comment