Sunday, January 20, 2019

Is This A Problem I Can Fix?

I got an anonymous comment this morning that said that when a new comment is added to this blog they get three notices that a new comment has been added, so I didn't add the comment, I don't add most of those I get because they violate my ban on comments rude to third parties or they're just stupid and false.

The anonymous comment said something about having clicked a box to be notified when a new comment is added.  I don't know anything about that or that it's something in my control.  If I could fix it I would but I can't find that it's something I have control over.

I would ask for comments on this but don't want to make the problem worse, if it is a problem.  The comment didn't look like the typical spam comments I don't add because they are clearly auto-spam for some purpose I can't discern or they are offering male erectile products for which, I don't hesitate to say, I've never had any need for even if I were credulous enough to believe they might work.  While I don't believe I'd ever "need a crane" for such a purpose, if I were stupid enough to think such a thing is possible I'd really rather not live with the day to day effects of such a thing.   See the kinds of things I spare you from getting notice about.

Update:  Have you tried deleting the cookies from your blog?  I find that takes care of a lot of problems.  I use C Cleaner regularly, from what I recall the first "C" stands for "crap". 

2 comments:

  1. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you ought to publish more on this
    issue, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people don't speak about such subjects.

    To the next! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did that I'd be having brawls with people I made a resolution to not mention again. I'm too proud to break a resolution in the same year it was made and, as I mentioned near the end of last year, it was making me feel cheap and dirty. That's the problem with trolls, they so seldom have anything worth arguing with. I would like to have more worthwhile discussion among serious people but that would probably require open comments and I don't want to let people who want to lie post their lies through me. I try to post all of the comments that are worthwhile.

      I should say that when I hear no complaints about what I've written I choose to believe it's because people can't find anything wrong with what I said. That's probably wrong but I already noted that I do suffer from the sin of pride at times.

      I hope the cookie deletion takes care of the problem.

      Delete