Friday, December 9, 2016

Psalm 130 - Out of The Depths I Cry To You O, Lord

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
2     Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
    to the voice of my supplications!
3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
    Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with you,
    so that you may be revered.
5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
    and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord
    more than those who watch for the morning,
    more than those who watch for the morning.
7 O Israel, hope in the Lord!
    For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
    and with him is great power to redeem.
8 It is he who will redeem Israel
    from all its iniquities.

Du fond de l'abîme je t'invoque - Lili Boulanger 




Bernadette Greevy, contralto - Ian Partridge, tenor
BBC Chorus, BBC Symphony Orchestra

Nadia Boulanger, conductor

Du fond de l'abîme je t'invoque
Iahvé, Adonaï.
Ecoute ma prière!
Que tes oreilles soient attentives
aux accents de ma prière.
Du fond de l'abîme je cries vers toi,
Iahvé, Adonaï.
Ecoute ma voix!
Si tu prends garde aux péchés,
qui donc pourra tenir, Adonaï, Iahvé?
Mais la clémence est en toi
afin qu'on te révère.
Mon âme espère en Iahvé.
J'espère, je compte sur sa parole
plus que les guetteurs de la nuit
n'aspirent au matin.
Israël espère en Iahvé.
Car en Iahvé est la miséricorde
et l'abondance de la délivrance.
En Iahvé est la clémence.
C'est lui qui délivrera Israël
de toutes ces iniquités.

I tremble to think what's coming in this country and to the world when Donald Trump is inaugurated.

No comments:

Post a Comment