Sunday, December 4, 2016

Know That You Are God's Beloved Child

I woke up this morning in a lot of pain, my back is still out and I exacerbated it by doing something to my bad shoulder.   So, I woke up this morning and I was intending to write something not about eugenics but I'm not up to it.  I listened to Krista Tippett's interiew with Fr. James Martin, the unedited version and there were so many worthwhile things to look at more closely that I looked at the transcript of the edited down show and several of the things I most liked in the full interview were edited out, they had to cut something because just about all of it was great.   If I were less achy and cranky I'd have listened to the passages I liked and typed them out but not when I feel like this.   So, it's getting late at night and I'm just going to post a link to the unedited version. I will call your attention to the story James Martin tells at about 1:13 when his spiritual director told him to meditate on what would happen if you turned the question of Jesus around and asked him,  "Who do you say that I am?"   I'll leave it to you to listen to the answer he got and how he got it.

I might go over some particular parts of the interview later this week.  I liked his jokes near the end of it.  Or you can hear him with Stephen Colbert:



In other news, I downloaded plans to make a cheap, home-made Japanese soaking tub.  I don't know which is more likely that I'll do, the tub or the transcript but I can tell you which one I wish I were sitting in right now.  I'll try to be less cranky or, if not, more silent.

Oh, yeah, and you should really catch what James Martin says about Advent at about 1:28.

Update:  Well, yeah, even assholes are children of God.  Even people who tell assholes that they're being assholes.

1 comment:

  1. "Know That You Are God's Beloved Child"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Seriously -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I mean -- really seriously: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete