Saturday, October 2, 2021

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Annabell Wilson - No Science To Goodbye

 

No Science To Goodbye 

 

It's been a long time since I posted something from Radio New Zealand, I figured I'd sample their archive again.   This verse drama inevitably reminds me of Under Milk Wood, though less nostalgic and edgier. (I wonder if the links from the time I posted that still work).  

Here's what the website says:

Elsie is a tempestuous young expat who returns to Wanaka from Berlin to look after her terminally ill brother, Sam. She runs into her former lover Frank who is now a glaciologist – a coolly logical and rational scientist. The ensuing complications push them to the torn edges of love, loss, risk.

The Southern Alps are as rugged and complex and as painfully beautiful as the relationships that form and melt under their gaze.

Written by Annabel Wilson

Directed by KJ Smith

Soundscape by Cory Champion

For RNZ -  Recording director    Adam Macaulay           Sound engineer    Darryl Stack

No comments:

Post a Comment