Monday, September 27, 2021

Tadd Dameron Sextet with Fats Navarro - Lady Bird

 

 

Tadd Dameron Sextet (New York: September 13, 1948) Fats Navarro (tp); Wardell Gray, Allen Eager (ts); Tadd Dameron (p); Curly Russell (b); Kenny Clarke (d)

Someone asked me the "who's your favorite" question about music the other day.  I told them whoever I'm hearing that I like at the time.   Though I think Fats Navarro might be a good candidate to be my favorite trumpet player.  At least he is when I'm listening to him.

3 comments:

  1. For whatever reason, when you post videos, there is never a link. I use Google Chrome on my laptop and have an Android phone. I can see the picture to the video on the main page, but when I click on it, it takes me to the page with the post but no link. No picture of of the video on the post page either. Is this an artifact of the the system you use for posting? This has always been true, the only way I can find the videos is to then go to Youtube and search based on the info in the post. Is there a way to embed a link that I can actually use (it's easier and for some videos, like the Breuggermann's, it's often hard to find the right video)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me, I'll post a direct link from now on. I use Linux with Firefox, mostly. I'm no where near enough of a geek to have any idea why this might happen. Let me know if my new fix doesn't work.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, it's very much appreciated.

    Kind regards,
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete