Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Big Lie Of Milton Friedman And The Role It Plays In The United States Being The Worst Developed Country In The Covid-19 Emergency

I GOT THE FIRST DOSE of one of the two-part Covid-19 vaccines yesterday and haven't had any ill effects, yet.  I understand that it's the second one that people have issues with, mostly, which apparently indicates that the first one was effective.  If that's the case I'm looking forward to having a sore arm in three weeks.

The volunteers and professionals involved in the location I got the inoculation in were very nice and very helpful, though the things I had to fill out could have been in larger type, that would have been helpful.  One of the things I had trouble seeing, I had to ask for help.  The young person (probably in their thirties) started treating me like I wasn't understanding what it meant to which I said, "I'm blind, not demented."  The one who warned me against the possible discomforts reported to be associated with the vaccine I got chuckled when I said,  So you're telling me it's like being (my age) every day of my life.

I feel guardedly optimistic about it, though I wish it was easier to get the vaccine.  I'm hoping that among other things the Biden administration can do is make it easier for them to set up emergency vaccination programs like were mounted in after the Salk and Sabine polio vaccines came out.  Maybe I'll try to research how those went in the first year, maybe it was as disorganized at first as it has been now.  One thing that I'm sure helped was that Eisenhower may have been a Republican but he was also an Army general who must have valued efficency and had a sense of public service.  Something no Republican has valued much since 1968.   

The role that the University of Chicago and other elite, alleged educational institutions, Milton Friedman and his ilk played in destroying the public health infrastructure in the United States should be seen as an act of war against the People of the United States.   The rich and their hired whores in academia and the legal profession, most of those who are called "journalists" have waged war against the common welfare of The People.   While I'm sure there would be hyped up rage against that being looked at as seriously as it needs to be looked at, it really does need to be looked at.  The half-million dead and counting are directly attributable to the attack on public services, government in service to The People and the absurd lie that the "private sector" is going to do a better job.  It doesn't, it never have, it never will.  Remember that the next time Chuck Todd and Stephanopolis and the rest feature this bullshit on the Sunday Morning lie shows.  When NPR or CNN or C-Span puts them on to "balance" their content.  "Balance" means presenting proven lies as if it were the truth because some Republican liar wants people to get duped.  That's your "free press" in action, after it was relived of any public service requirement and other things that free speechy types have a horror for.

No comments:

Post a Comment