Tuesday, March 23, 2021

For Want Of A Cell Phone You Can Die

ACCORDING to some of the things I've seen, Maine is not at the bottom of the list for its response to Covid-19, I thank God and the voters of my state that we have Janet Mills as governor, one of the accomplished Mills family of public servants (her sister Dr. Dora Mills was the head of Maine's CDC for years and years).  If we still had Paul LePage due to the idiocy of easy ballot access by never-will-win 3rd party spoilers that put that human lump of dung into the Blain House for eight years, we'd be vying with South Dakota for most benighted state in the country.

I finally got my appointment for my first shot of vaccine, it took me weeks of trying by phone and online, I almost didn't get an appointment because the last screen requiring my personal information HAD A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER AS A REQUIRED FIELD!  Luckily, I had my sister's cell phone number which worked WHAT THE HELL WOULD THE MANY, MANY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE MOBILE PHONES DO?  

For fucksake, this kind of thing proves that among other things, things are set up to screw people too poor to have cell phones or too old to have one or who just don't.  I have to think it's proof of the either willful or ignorant cluelessness of those who make such systems.  Only in something like this it can mean life or death so no one should be able to do it either stupidly or intentionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment