Thursday, March 5, 2020

Blogging In Time Of Plague

It seems fitting to be going all late-medieval in the title because it appears that's about the state of public health and the medical system unless you're filthy rich in the United States. 

Thought I'd give you an update on my experience, possibly,  with the Covid-19 thing.

My sister who has been in the hospital  has still not been definitively diagnosed, they decided yesterday to APPLY FOR TESTING! though the multi-antibiotic regimen they decided to try does seem to have knocked her fever out.  That is she was hospitalized when the home care one of our other sisters and I were giving her and the meds her doctor had prescribed didn't work.  Several days of that home healthcare given before either of us news-junkies had heard that pneumonia not related to the flu should be suspected as a case of Covid-19.  

That second sister has not started showing symptoms but I have a fever and a cough, though I'm no where near as bad as needing hospitalization and my doctor has said unless I have trouble breathing I shouldn't try to get tested.  I'm expecting that I'll have one of those less severe cases of it that they warn will spread it unknowingly.  I hope I haven't given it to anyone in the period before I realized I'd possibly been exposed through my sister as our public health system didn't issue that warning until days after it was too late thanks to Republican-fascist destruction of the public health infrastructure and the private medical system.  

Several people I told who might have been exposed through me have expressed skepticism that it "was here" in Northern New England, that's due to the way that the media has irresponsibly and stupidly reported it, pretending that by the time it was noticed on the West Coast that it was not everywhere.  With travel what it is today that is incredibly stupid.   It would seem that the medieval public health system is matched by a media that, even as they, themselves travel all over the place, can't imagine what that means to something like the spread of a highly infectious virus.  By the time we found out there was something happening on another continent it was certainly already bound to get here and probably already had been for a number of weeks.  

I'm still hearing idiots whining about pleasure trips being canceled and how disappointing that is.  College-credentialed idiots.  Clearly, as noted here recently, modern thought is a failed project.  Modern education is, the mass media is and free-market economics is worse than a failure, it's going to get us all killed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment