Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Stupid Mail

Don't know much of anything about Stan Lee, I'm not interested in comic books.  I could name many authors, composers, artists, musicians, actors, etc. who died and no one seems to much have noticed.   My very fondly remembered teacher the distinguished American composer Marilyn J. Ziffrin died in April and I don't recall anyone being faulted for not mentioning that.  I'm sure she'd much rather have been remembered for her life than for her death.

I see that not everyone is unanimous in the, I assure you, very temporary deification of Lee. I would remind you of how everyone at Baby Blue went on when Steve Jobs kicked the socket, his deification lasted about a week until his official biography came out and you were all horrified that he'd indulged in alternative medicine, to be angrily demoted from i-god (as I teased you guys at the time) to a devotee of "woo".   Sic transit gloria schlocki

This frequently mounted ritual of pretended grief on the part of you guys is kind of disgusting.  It's like you're all auditioning to be hired as professional mourners.

Update:  Not to mention that I just found out that the eminent composer George Walker died in August and I didn't know it till just now.  Considering he's the first African American winner of a Pulitzer for composition, not to mention numerous other accomplishments derived from his own work, not by claiming that of others, I'm pretty pissed off that this is how I found out about it.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, fuck off. If you don't understand why Stan Lee was a geniunely significant artistic figure of the second half of the 20th century -- not to mention a great social justice advocate -- you're too stupid to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it was you? I was wondering.

      Apparently his colleagues aren't unanimous in him as "a genuinely significant artistic figure" in that a lot of them accused him of stealing others' work and passing it off as his, one of them being a guy you held up as "a genuinely significant artistic figure" here a few short weeks ago.

      As I said, I know nothing much about Stan Lee. How come you didn't go on and on over George Walker when he died? Only, it being you, your not going on about him was probably more of an honor than if you pretended to go into grief over him.

      Delete
  2. Oh for crissakes -- here's a clue, schumcko. Nobody gets to be a significant figure in 20th century art by being Mister Rogers.

    And the idea that we can only enjoy art by people who were moral exemplars is beyond stupid.

    You're a fool and a philistine. Go fuck yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here's the thing, Stupy, when I enjoy art by people, I kind of like it when it's by those people and not people it should be attributed to.

      It's hilarious that someone in the scribbling industry, for whom plagarism is about the only recognized sin, is pooh-poohing the genuine artists pointing out that someone else stole the attribution for their work. I'd ask if you're OK with me posting some of your stuff as mine but if that happened, I'd be the one complaining about the false attribution.
      I'm tempted to bring up the time I posted something at Duncan's WITH ATTRIBUTION, A CITATION OF THE SOURCE AND A LINK TO IT and your buddy Tlaz (Aka the woman so stupid that she took the name of the shit eating goddess) thought I wrote it. I corrected her mistake with pleasure, especially as she said A QUOTE FROM RICHARD FEYNMAN PROVED I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT SCIENCE.

      Delete
  3. "Don't know much of anything about Stan Lee"

    Well, that explains why you feel qualified to bloviate about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I did was point out what his colleagues said about him. That would be people who worked with him, not for people like you for whom Spider Man is like trying to get through Being and Nothingness.

      Delete
  4. "As I said, I know nothing much about Stan Lee."

    Oh fer crissakes sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should understand not knowing much about things, Stupy, there are so many categories of things about which you know nothing. You're a one-man revival of Knownothingism.

      Delete