Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Dukas, La plainte, au loin, du faune...


Lazare Levy, piano

The other day I came across the less often heard piano original of Manuel de Falla - Homenaje "Pour Le tombeau de Claude Debussy". and decided to look for the other pieces from the memorial project which a number of composers alive at the time Debussy died were asked to contribute a piece for.  This one by Paul Dukas is wonderful and it is played by one of the greatest little remembered pianists of the young generation of that time, Lazare Levy.   I consider his too few recordings of Debussy some of the greatest performances of that music I've ever heard, his recording of Masques strikes me as the single greatest performance of a piece of Debussy's music I've ever heard. 

Anyway, here it is.

Score

No comments:

Post a Comment