Sunday, August 12, 2018

I'll Never Stop Pointing It Out As Long As The Lie Is Told

Simps is pissed off because I won't say "Israel right or wrong," something I'd never say about my own country, the United States, or the country of most of my ancestors, Ireland, and I'm sure as hell not about to say for any other country. 

In reaction to him making a racist "joke" about putting "Gypsies" in an abandoned mall as a "homeland" (as I've pointed out, the Trump regime seems to have had a similar idea) I said that I regretted that Jews hadn't been admitted into the United States instead of a. being murdered by Nazis and other atheist-government pogroms, by which mostly meant Stalin but also others *, b. the ongoing tragedy that putting Israel on land taken from the Palestinians has been for the entire post-war period.  That, by the "Israel right or wrong" faction of the United States is called "anti-semitism" even as it would fit no honest definition of the term.  If anything what I said could get me accused of  philosemitism.   And, as one of those habitual liars I mentioned in my morning post, Simels repeats it endlessly at Duncan Black's blog even as at least even some of the lazy baby-adults who constitute the remainder of its once more varied comment community must know that he's lying.  One thing I learned from Eschaton, atheists tend to be unreliable as friends.  Maybe that's a consequence of atheists seeing people as material objects, excepting, as always happens even with the most exigent of materialists, themselves. 

Looking back at my earliest days in blogging this morning, I came across the first time I answered that kind of accusation, in the days around just one of Israel's now seemingly perpetual fascist governments' illegal and appalling, indiscriminate scorched-earth attacks against Palestinians, that time in Lebanon.   You will note that I didn't name "country x" in the piece, but I will now.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Question Asked on Another Website About the Bombing of Lebanon: 
Do You Like Country x ?

The Answer: What the hell does "like" have to do with it? People are getting killed and who I like or don't like has about as much to do with that as whether or not I approve the existence of tungsten. 

Good Lord, get a grip on yourself. This isn't a high school popularity contest. None of the sides is going to just evaporate - not without both of them evaporating now a days. Five years from now they are all going to be there minus the people who are getting killed. Do you think the survivors are going to forget? 

No, I don't care if it was a good idea to do something before even I was born, that's not what is going to keep people from getting killed. 

I don't happen to like the people in control on any of the sides but they are the ones who are going to have to be forced to settle this. Not that that's going to happen while George "I'm the rightest hand of God" Bush is in office and trying to bring about the epic destruction of Revelations.

*  You know, the reason that the St. Louis being turned back with Jews fleeing the Nazis is a crime against humanity and why the Darwinian Immigration Act of 1924 was a precursor of and inspirational example to the Nazi's own policies. 

8 comments:

  1. "Simps is pissed off because I won't say "Israel right or wrong"

    To quote Steve Buscemi in THE DEATH OF STALIN -- "What in the barrelling fuck are you talking about?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a prime example of how the college-uneducated American mind in the TV-Movie-Pop-Kulcha era works, entirely on the vocabulary of the last hit movie(like there are "hit movies" anymore) which replaces even a memory of what an asshole like Simps has been saying, continually for the past half-dozen years.

      I didn't watch the movie, Simps, I read what real historians had to say about it.

      Delete
    2. Your loss. It's brilliant. Scary and funny in equal measure, with more great performances than you've had hot meals.

      Delete
    3. The chance of the movies getting history close to right is nearing the need of using negative numbers to come up with a plausible estimate.

      Fuck Hollywood. Only you don't have to do it yourself, they do it to each other.

      Delete
    4. "You're an idiot." -- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

      Delete
    5. Oh, Simps, you don't have to go on demonstrating my point, you can go watch TV now. Or lie at Duncan's, not that they're all that different activities.

      Delete
  2. Dershowitz recently responded to Cjomsky's argument about Israeli "interference" in American elections with righteous wrath which ended the only way Dershowitz could: by calling Chomsky an anti-Semite.

    When that's all you've got....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dershowitz is as much a professional liar as Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani and Sean Spicer. Only he's been at it longer, much of it around the Israel-right-or-wrong industry. His descent into Trump-fascist promotion was no kind of shock to me. If I had the time I'd go into the near inevitability of materialism and atheism of eventually devolving into fascism, why so many of the great names in modernism either flirted with or went whole-hog for fascism and if not that then its kissin' cousin, Marxism.

      It's striking how few modernists had any belief in or affection for democracy. I think that's due to the high content of snobbery that was inevitably a part of it. I think that's also got more than a little to do with the ineffectiveness of the atheist-college based "left".

      Delete