Thursday, August 23, 2018

Aaron Copland Looking Backward - Threnody 2: In Memoriam Beatrice Cunningham



Walden Chamber Players · Ashima Scripp · Curtis Macomber · Marianne Gedigian · Christof Huebner

I've been called out to care for a family member so, oh, dear, I won't be able to carry on brawling for now.   

Here's the second to last entry in the chronological listing of the works of Aaron Copland, composed in 1973.   I thought it might be interesting to go backward instead of forward, as I did when I posted many of the works of Copland that I think don't get nearly enough performances a couple of years back.  It was based on the brawl I had over the idiotic claim that because a composer reuses thematic material, that means the later piece was already in existence before it was composed.  I am beginning to suspect that dyschronia is one of the symptoms of the materialist-atheist mindset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment