Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Things I Wish I Could Wash Out Of My Memory

Trump's adulterous in his heart statements about his daughter. 

The sexy black lingerie photo of his daughter that Michael Cohen sexted around the web.  Thankfully, I missed that story last year

Michael Cohen answering a critic of him doing so "Jealous,"  

What the hell is wrong with these people?   Are they that amoral that they don't understand what's wrong with what they're doing?   I can't believe it is unrelated to their criminality and treason and attempts to destroy democracy. 

What about their daughters?  What the hell do they think about their creepster dads?   Apparently both of them got into Ivy League schools so stupidity is no excuse.   Did she give her dad the picture?   Jeeesh! 

I'd love to scrub that from my memory. 

3 comments:

  1. Comey has reportedly called Trump a "mob boss" in an ABC interview airing a bit later. Many commenters noted the raid on Cohen's office is the kind of action usually reserved for mob lawyers who are deemed themselves to be criminals. And I've read (and assume it's true) that Cohen's only legal client was Trump (Cohen had other investments, as in taxi cabs, which I understand was also part of the investigation into him, a non-Trump issue), which makes him Trump's Tom Hagen (Duvall's character in "Godfather").

    All of which goes a long way toward explaining why these people act the way they do; and how it's all going to end, especially since Trump isn't as good with people as Don Corleone was, nor as clever and ruthless as Michael Corleone (not that it saved Micheal, in the end).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought of the consigliere role in The Godfather while listening to the coverage of it, which got me off on Robert Duvall's many oddities but that's another story.

      As I've been pushing lately, the pose that these people, our oligarchs, Russian Oligarchs, the rulers of China, etc. are ruled by principles or even ideological beliefs masks that their primary, secondary, tertiary, . . . motives are essentially the same as any other band of gangsters. No one will ever convince me that the Kochs, the Mercers, even right down to the media robber barons and their tools in government and on courts are not, in the end, all about wealth accumulation and the propagation of their dynasties is mafia oligarchies All that talk about communism, capitalism, freedom (especially as opposed to equality) etc. is just a pose to cover the con job.

      Delete
    2. Well, early in the first film Michael tells Kate she's very naive, to think there's a difference between his father and other people of power.

      So, yeah, I think you have a very strong point, there.

      Delete