Saturday, April 14, 2018

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Afghanada





Created by Greg Nelson, Adam Pettle, Andrew Moodie and Jason Sherman.

Afghanada gives us a grunts-eye perspective of the war in Afghanistan.  3 -1 Bravo is a Canadian Forces light infantry section fighting with NATO forces deep in the heart of the conflict.  Every day, Sgt. Pat Kinsella (Jenny Young), Private Dean Donaldson (Paul Fauteux) and Private Lucas Manson (Billy Maclellan), confront the chaos and violence of life "outside the wire."

Based on actual events on the ground in Kandahar, each week's episode takes the listener on an intense and compelling auditory journey, an unadorned reflection of the very real life and death situations Canadian soldiers face every day in Afghanistan.

This was a 103 episode radio show which was very good.   I've found the first three episodes online, probably bootleg but you can hear the whole thing at I-tunes.   I can't find credits for individual episodes. 

This is the kind of thing that makes me wish CBC radio would reestablish their radio drama wing.  Much as I like some of the others, the CBC's dramas are some of my favorites.  Better than any of the American ones I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment