Saturday, January 13, 2018

Second Feature - Mavor Moore - The Book of Hell




This was interesting because the author, Mavor Moore, played Nero Wolfe in the fine CBC series, Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe, just about all of which I've posted here.  Budd Knapp is one of the actors in this play, the others are Nonnie Griffin, Patrick Young and Lynne Daragon, all of whom I believe were also in the Nero Wolfe series but I can't find my notes on that.   I think the story is handled well.  

Here is an interesting blog post about this production on a blog dedicated to the Nightfall Series it was part of.  Apparently Mr. Moore was not happy with the revision of his original script and wasn't hesitant to tell anyone so.  I'd be interested in hearing a production of the original for comparison but unless someone financed such a project, I doubt that's going to happen.  It makes you wonder how many thousands of good, very good and excellent radio plays will never get produced again even as they redo the 874th remake of some piece of garbage or other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment