Tuesday, July 11, 2017

De-Nazify The Police

I  hadn't seen the video of the policeman who dumped a woman with multiple sclerosis out of her wheelchair during a protest at Ohio Senator Rob Portman's office in Columbus before this morning.

A video posted to Facebook shows Alisa Grishman—a 35-year-old woman from Pittsburgh who suffers from multiple sclerosis among other ailments, as she explained in another video—being casually pushed out of her chair and onto the floor by an officer from the Columbus Police Department. According to people present, a second woman was pushed over in her scooter and others were pushed or thrown to the ground.




I'm so furious about policeman-thugs doing that and, apparently getting away with it without being summarily fired and arrested for assault that I had to calm down before I wrote this.

The police in this country who don't like being judged by this kind of behavior have to stop covering up for the thugs and fascists among them.  That cop should be in jail awaiting trial for a serious assault, this kind of behavior by the police should be considered a hate crime.  The police and their superiors who don't clamp down on police brutality and prosecute the guilty have no one to blame but themselves when people don't respect them or trust them.  The police unions have a big hand in that, this kind of thing makes me wonder if maybe they shouldn't be allowed to unionize.

I have a close family member in a wheelchair and if a cop ever did that to them,  I would do everything I could to expose him and to ruin his life.

5 comments:

  1. Sign of the times: two police officers in plainclothes were watching a building in Houston at 3 a.m., when somebody shot up the side of their car, clearing hoping to kill them.

    Instead, the officers gave pursuit and caught the shooters, without harming them. The Police Chief's praise of his officers failure to escalate the situation to justified homicide has been running on local news for three days now. I mean, I'm glad the officers did their job rather than just gun down the suspects and call them the shooters because they shot 'em, but is this really a great leap forward in police work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inclination is to respect first-responders, having a number of them in my family, including cops. But there is something seriously wrong with the profession. There always has been but it seems to me to be getting worse. There's nothing better than a good one and few things worse than a bad one, that is unless it's the good ones corrupted by covering up for the bad ones.

      Delete
    2. Had two uncles who were police officers. Neither ever shot anybody, or needed to, despite the fact they both worked in the Dallas area and encountered lots of people very day.

      The "danger" excuse seems to be allowing more and more violence, and the presumption of danger even means it's okay to gun down a kid with a toy. Well, I mean, he was black....

      What is wrong with us?

      Delete
  2. "I'm so furious about policeman-thugs doing that and, apparently
    getting away with it without being summarily fired and arrested for
    assault that I had to calm down before I wrote this."

    Courageous words my friend, and unminced!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll leave the mincing to you.

      You are always saying that words fail you. It's about the only true thing you've ever said.

      Delete