Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Thimking of Simps

Hey, if thinking New York City has more than its fair share of assholes is antisemitic,  Duncan's town, Philadelphia, must be one of the hotbeds of antisemitism, at least if what I've read and heard people from The City of Brotherly Love on the topic of its rival city is any indication.   

I'd guess that's an opinion held by a large number of people in most of the country and, from my visits to "THE City" in the past, I'd say it was a self indictment because I have met fewer than a handful of people from New York City who didn't complain at how many assholes there were in the place.   If that's the criterion, then NYC must be massively antisemitic. Which, of course, would make it a highly saturated locus of assholism. 

Update:  Look, Bunky, it's not that hard.  There's a difference between knowing something and guessing something.   If you've got evidence then that will tell you what happened, if you just go with a guess you're bound to guess what you want.   

It's obvious you want it to feed your pet hatred.   You want that so much you aren't willing to wait to see if that's what happened.  You're just like Trump and the other Muslim haters, you just hate Christians instead.  

You've got a lot more in common than you'd ever want to know. 

All I've said is that guessing on the basis of no information is as bad as what they do at CNN when something like Balloon Boy comes up.  



I'm sure Duncan Black never expected to produce the intellectual equivalent of Rick Sanchez when he started Baby Blue.  

3 comments:

  1. The stereotype of NYC (albeit unwarranted; I've always enjoyed my visits there) is that everyone in the city is an asshole.

    I never once regarded that stereotype as anti-Semitic. Of course, I grew up in East Texas, in one of the few towns with a synagogue in it, and I never learned any anti-Semitism. I knew some of the prominent Jewish families in my small town, went to school with the kids. Never thought of them as "Jews," just as Jewish.

    Also never occurred to me that all the Jews in America live in Hollywood and NYC, but that's the prevailing stereotype, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's what he says on the frequent occasions that he is out of his depth and doesn't like what was said but he has nothing to rebut it with.

    He's got a lot in common with the old neo-cons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Jewkranian family emigrated to NYC. Then again, they pretended to convert to Xtianity as a cover to do mission work in Kiev so they bring more family over. Traitors!

    ReplyDelete