Thursday, January 6, 2022

RMJ Is Still Doing Christmas

with a really good post on the Epiphany.  He says at the end, 

But it is also the crucial story for Christians, a much more important story than simply the chance to wear coloured robes and lead a camel through the church. It is the story of how we know what we know, and where our knowledge truly comes from. It is not a story with an answer, however. As T.S. Eliot intuited, it is a story that only points in a direction. Whether we take the journey is up to us.

A story worthy of more meditation and consideration than we usually give it.

As I said the other day, I'm beginning to see that.  I have to say the Scriptures are some of the deepest literature I've ever been exposed to.  The most covert and heavily weighted with hidden meaning writing of the modernists is either child's play or childish by comparison.  It will be a regret I take to the grave that I ignored it for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment