Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Garland Upholds The Traditions Of The DoJ And His Own Sense of Propriety Even At The Cost of Democracy

 I DOUBT that there was a single platitude in Merrick Garland's January 6, eve speech that I couldn't have predicted might come out of him without any new substance being added to surprise me.  I learned absolutely nothing from listening to it that I didn't know, including that I doubt he's going to really go after the insurrectionists in a timely fashion in a way that will protect democracy. 

The stupidity of his scrupulosity is that time is short and the Republican-fascists have the Supreme Court on their side, if not to install Trumpism - and if what they want, Republican-fascist rule comes in that sleazy package, yes with that - then Republican-fascist oligarchic rule.   The stately cotillion of the legal system and the courts is one of the things that Republican-fascists have weaponized knowing that such august figures a Garland will be willing and knowing patsies for it. 

I am beginning to look for common threads in American democracy and the touted Athenian democracy and its violent eclipse during the time of the Thirty Tyrants.  That rotted from the head, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment