Thursday, January 6, 2022

Great Speechs By Both Vice President Harris and President Biden

I AM USUALLY ALLERGIC to politicians, especially presidents who tell God to bless America, in the words of that awful song bossing God around.  

But I have to say that when Joe Biden ended his extremely fine speech today saying,

God bless you all, and may God protect our troops, and may God protect those who watch over Democracy. 

I was deeply moved and it didn't strike me as at all insincere or false or an instance of taking the Lord's name in vain.   

Joe Biden may be the most sincerely religious president we've had since Jimmy Carter and I think you'd have to go back far to find one as convincingly sincere in their belief as Carter, maybe you couldn't find one earlier than him who was as sincere.  

I've eaten a lot of the words I've spoken in the past about Joe Biden, if he only had the hand that Barack Obama was handed, he'd be among the greatest of our presidents, I say that based on what he's been able to accomplish with the incredibly weak hand he's got, with the Senate being what it is and the Supreme Court solidly stolen for Republican-fascism.   May God give him some better luck than he's had so far. 

Vice President Harris gave a fine speech too.  I may have more to say about both of them if I have time.  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment