Monday, November 2, 2020

Biden's Virtually Gaff-Free Campaign

Whatever happens tomorrow and the next days, one thing I will admit is the Black Women Voters of South Carolina who are credited with giving Joe Biden the push past the first contests of late winter and onto the nomination are more politically savvy than I am.  I still think that Elizabeth Warren would be a great president as I expect Kamala Harris may well be but I don't think my first choice would be as competitive as Joe Biden has been.  

I had once considered Biden a very credible presidential candidate up into the 1980s but his proneness to gaffs and missteps led me to give up on the idea.  Then . . . well, I won't mention those.  I think those gaffs are largely a result of knowing the media would attack him or any Democrat who endangered the Republicans' chances of keeping the presidency which was so profitable to the media companies, their owners, their advertisers and their well-paid talking heads.

I will admit that Biden has run a very good campaign, virtually gaff-free and refreshingly adult compared to the baby tyrant he's running against.  Never suspected he'd do it and I don't think it was all because of the difficulties of campaigning in a pandemic.   I think Biden knows this is the last time he's going to campaign for public office, that after this he is free of that.  The people running his campaign did a very good job as opposed to those who ran Hillary Clinton's campaign.  I am a big fan of those who mismanage a presidential or other important campaign the way some of ours have been never working for another Democratic candidate.  There are some things that are too important to be considered on the job learning.

Superstition against jinxing the outcomes are going to make me stop here.  Win or lose, I think Biden and just about all of the Democrats who ran this time did a good job.  I'm proud of being a member of their party.

No comments:

Post a Comment