Tuesday, November 26, 2019

"Why haven't you ever posted a Randy Rainbow video?"

I don't know why,  I listen to them sometimes, he's very talented, his parody use of show tunes strikes me, at times, as superior in cleverness to some of the original lyricists.  Maybe it's the show tunes sung so, if you'll excuse the expression, "straight."    This recent one is the second best use of the tune I've heard since a friend of mine played Ado Annie, though in her case it was a performance from personal experience. Well, in a way, my friend was never the fool of any man of the many she had experience of.  Last show she was in was Kiss Me Kate and it drove her out of her mind that the rest of the cast and chorus couldn't get the rhythms of the songs right - she was a very good musician, which is how I knew her.  Sorry, watching Randy made me feel kind of catty.  





Maybe from time to time I'll post more of his work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment