Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Oh, My - Duncan Black, What The Fuck Is Wrong With You?

Sometimes I get annoyed at things which can become "taboo." Putting it simply, making fun of rape victims is not funny, but that does not mean any joke about rape is off limits. Sometimes the press secretary suggests that Hitler wasn't that bad, and you gotta make some jokes. And the Holocaust can be hilarious! If done right, of course.

Funny, I don't remember him thinking it was hilarious when I  joked about his blog and his incestuous, inbred blogging community.   Or maybe I wasn't doing it right?   I doubt he cares for my jokes about his aging, though maybe my poking fun at his writing career doesn't bother him much.  I know for a fact he didn't like it the night that I made fun of his post about the putridly non-funny Penn Jillette movie "The Aristocrats" because he banned me that night for making fun of it.

Of course, it's not just Duncan Black or other rapidly aging middle-aged, straight, white guys trying to be kewl, a lot of alleged comedians on the make, desperate to get edgy so someone will pay attention to them who are always looking to push the envelope to boost their careers or keep them on life support or to resuscitate them when they should just pull the plug.

I think there's something wrong with a. a person who makes jokes about mass murder and genocide, b. laughs at jokes about mass murder and genocide, c. who pretends there can ever be anything funny about mass murder and genocide.

This article from a couple of weeks back about, God help us, a movie that "looks at ‘the ultimate taboo" of making jokes about the Holocaust.  It, of course, mentions many Jewish comedians, from hoary ol' Mel and Carl right down to some I've never heard of because they're young.  Marjorie Ingall goes all over the place in the article as do the comedians and others mentioned, some agreeing as to what's funny, some disagreeing, some saying this, some saying that, some pointing out things like that most unfunny of all current asshole Sacha Baron Cohen singing “Throw the Jew Down the Well” in a "redneck" bar certainly meant different things to bigots hearing it than SBC wanted to get out of it.  If anyone thinks that any of his movies making fun of "rednecks" has a positive influence in the world, did you happen to miss the white supremacists in the Trump regime?

Turning genocide into a joke has certainly been done before, I have no doubt the SS and other Nazis thought it was an appropriate topic for joking, as those who have committed other genocides, terror and mass murder campaigns have.  I can't imagine that the Einsatzgruppen didn't make jokes about the days mass murders among themselves, I have heard American soldiers joking about the people they killed.

Can anyone point out to me the humor that the victims of the Nazi genocides created out of their own, impending murders?   Any jokes I've heard about it have come from Americans and Brits who weren't there, seeing their families murdered, being kept alive only by the glut of people being murdered that week.

Jeesh, Duncan, I knew you could be a jerk, I didn't know you were that much of an asshole. If what Sean Spicer said out of stupidity and incapacity was terrible, during Passover, what you said is entirely worse.

Update:  Oh, yeah, I just remembered, how about this shtick from Donald Trump jr. from last fall.

"The media has been her number one surrogate in this. Without the media, this wouldn’t even be a contest, but the media has built her up,” Trump Jr said. “They’ve let her slide on every indiscrepancy [sic], on every lie, on every DNC game trying to get Bernie Sanders out of this thing. If Republicans were doing that, they’d be warming up the gas chamber right now.”

I wonder if any of the chatter at Baby Blue mentioned it that day.

1 comment:

  1. "I'll take 'What's Funnier Than Someone Incapable of Humor Pontificating About It" for five hundred, Alex."

    ReplyDelete